After a Massage Treatment:
- Ensure you take time after the treatment to just sit for a while to collect your thoughts and allow your body time to become more alert. If you get up too quickly then this may make you feel dizzy or light headed. You should try to avoid driving a long distance after the treatment as you may be feeling slightly sleepy.
- You should drink plenty of water for the rest of the day after having the treatment to help flush out toxins that the massage has encouraged to shift. It is recommended that we should drink around 1 ½- 2 litres of water a day. This will help flush out toxins in the body giving a clearer complexion and healthy glow (It also helps eliminate the appearance of cellulite).
- You may be feeling hungry after your treatment so have something small to eat after the treatment to prevent you feeling light headed or faint. It is not advisable to have a heavy meal immediately after as it may make you feel bloated and sluggish.
- Try not to do any strenuous exercise after your treatment. Due to your body being in a relaxed state it may not be safe to exercise as it could cause you to feel dizzy or nauseas. If possible aim to relax your body and mind for the rest of the day after your treatment, this will help you gain the complete physical and psychological benefits from this treatment.
- If possible it is best to leave the oil on your skin for up to 12 - 24 hours after the treatment to ensure that they penetrate the skin fully so that you will gain the full benefits from the treatment.
- You should exfoliate the skin at least twice a week to help slough off dead skin cells on the body to encourage products to penetrate the skin thoroughly helping to improve skin tone. After exfoliating you should apply a cream or oil with a scent of your choice to help keep your skin supple and glowing.
- Have an aromatherapy bath at least once a week to help you relax and unwind. I can advise on which oils to use to suit the individual and how to dilute them correctly to prevent any allergic reactions.
- Give your hair a nourishing treatment by applying oil to the hair and scalp, wrapping it in a hot towel and leaving it on for a few hours or overnight. This will deeply nourish and condition your hair and scalp giving you healthy-looking glossy hair.